Re: gas spill

To: lotus.tony@airmail.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: gas spill
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 23:49:30 EDT

<<
 Yeah, the gas tank WAS the cowl, actually.  My high-school "ride" was
 a '29 "A" roadster and it always seeped gas around the steering
 column . . . I  often visualized it ripping out and dumping about 5
 gallons of cheap gas on me and the often red-hot exhaust manifold.
 Tony

Tony-

Whaddaya mean "often" red hot manifold. If you couldn't see the red glow thru
the floor boards, ya had to reach over and trim the mixture knob. You couldn't
waste any precious 18 cent a gallon gas. Heck, it took three of your best
buddies to come up with a dollars worth to "cruise" after school...

Why do I NOW think of that as "the good ole days"...
          Nick in Nor Cal