Re: solvent stoeage

To: Shop-Talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: solvent stoeage
From: Mike Frerichs <maf@radiks.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 23:43:20 -0500
At the last company I worked for I was on good terms with one of the
maintenance guys who explained to me that the sprinkler system in our
building was filled with air under some amount of pressure (he didn't say
how much).  Somewhere in the system (presumably at the main water supply)
there is a valve that stays closed until the air pressure in the system
drops below a certain point, at which time it opens and lets the water
flow.  Thus, when a sprinkler head senses a fast rise in temp and opens up,
it's letting the pressure out of the system which starts the flow of water
from the main supply.  The air in the system is never in contact with the
water until pressure drops and the valve is opened.

Makes sense to me but I can't verify any of this.  It's just what I was
told.

Mike Frerichs
maf@radiks.net