Re: almost level floors

To: flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: almost level floors
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:02:24 -0700
I have "machinery adjusters" on all the big items in the shop.
It's important for the machine tools to be level and free of twist;
the adjustment is really pretty quick. This is the route I'd go.

For those who don't know, these are threaded rod with a
ball joint at the bottom and a foot that swivels on the ball joint.
The ones I use have a capacity of 500 lbs each and the foot iw white delrin;
the machines slide pretty easily and won't rust if the rain gets in.

(From McMaster-Carr).