Re: polishing stainless

To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: polishing stainless
From: "David P. Anderson" <davidp@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 01:45:20 -0700
Unfortunately, many SS finishes are a result of having the SS plated on by
electrodeposition (sp?) and can not be polished back to the original shine. Your
best bet is a buffing wheel and using compounds especially designed for
polishing
SS. If it's a small area, the a felt bob (wheel) in a Dremel might work for you,
but remember, if it is plated, it's probably about .002-.005 thick, go lightly.
Good Luck!

Dave