Re: Extra jack lifting height

To: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: Extra jack lifting height
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 13:41:56 -0400
Art Pfenninger wrote:
>         Best bet is to get a new jack. Harbor Freight has a nice one for
> about $50 dollars and they ship it for free. It weighs about 70 lbs but
> the handle comes off for storage. It will lift the car about 20 inches,
> they also have a rubber thing that goes over the saddle to give another
> inch or so. Considering the number of times that you use a jack it's a
> good investment.

*chuckle*

That'd be good advice if I didn't currently have a HF jack!  The only
catalog which comes to our house with greater regularity than
Victoria's Secret is the Harbor Freight... at least two a week!

For the record, this is my jack:

        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/02200-02299/02244.gif

and this is the one I'd really like:

        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/06600-06699/06600.gif

31 1/2" of lift sure would make wood unnecessary! :o

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap          mailto:heerschap@eng.kns.com
UNIX Systems Mutilator   (215) 784-6048