Harbor Freight

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Harbor Freight
From: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:58:26 -0500
Considering the number of people on this list who purchase things
from Harbor Freight, I thought you all might be interested in
my recent experience with them.

August 17,1998:

Ordered the 2 ton foldable shop crane (Item 35915-1VFA).

September 2:

Received the crane and found that it was missing the hydraulic ram.

September 3:

Called HF customer service.  They agreed to ship the missing part.

October 2:

Received an 8 ton capacity hydraulic ram with a FLAT bottom.  (The
shop crane requires on with an eye on the bottom.)

I called customer service again and described the problem.  They
agreed to overnight the proper part along with a shipping label to
allow me to return the incorrect part.

October 18:

Still have not received the missing part or the label.
I sent them email via their web site (as suggested by the
message on their customer support number).  In the message I
suggested that, if they could not provide the proper part, they
should refund me the cost of the missing part.  I suggested
a price based on their current catalog.

As of this writing, I have not received a reply.

Peter Schauss, Long Island, NY
ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net
1963 BJ7