Re: Eastwood Powder Coater

To: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Subject: Re: Eastwood Powder Coater
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:00:42 -0600
Yes, I have been using one for about 6 months.  Very nice, but you need
to realize the limitations.  Particularly, nothing bigger than will fit
in your oven and the parts need to withstand 400 F.  (no rubber
bushings, etc.)  I have also had trouble with getting the powder to
stick to the inside of small parts bins, etc.

Several of us went together (triumphs list) and bought lots of powder in
bulk.  Much cheaper that way (about $3.00 per pound as opposed to $15.00
from Eastwood).

It's real nice in one regard and that is you get to handle the part
within 15 - 30 minutes as opposed to several days with multiple coats of
solvent based paint.

I like it, but it hasn't entirely replaced the spray can.

hope this helps.

Ken Gano
kengano@advant.com