Skinned knucles

To: jniolon@uss.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, tw@mcc.com
Subject: Skinned knucles
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:11:35 -0800
>I've heard about this magazine...is it in print or online  ??
>
>can you give me subscription details

  its a monthly print mag.  $18 per year.

  175 May Avenue
  Monrovia, Ca.
  91016

  (626) 358-6255
  skpubs@earthlink.net

  3 months ago they didn't take credit cards over the phone so I had to pay
by check that may have changed that by now.  I only have 5 copies but so
far my feelings for it have been mixed.

  Some of the things they have gone into was not enough detail for me and
others were great.  I liked the article on powder coating, it had a lot of
fluff in it but gave me all the details to convince me I needed one since I
had been thinking about it for a while anyway.  I purchased the back issues
($2/each) for the wire wheels restoration and its GREAT, a really good
article.  I also thought the article on small shop lathes and their use,
was very good.  Its a cheap publication done on newspaper type paper but
based on the few issues I have, I will re-subscribe next year.

  Like all mags, some months are better than others and when this one is
good its very good and really useful.

   mike