Re: metal lathe info needed

To: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: metal lathe info needed
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 11:36:55 +0000
Richard,

First, congratulations on your acquisition !  A lathe opens up a lot of
interesting projects and new skills to learn.

Ron is certainly correct, rec.crafts.metalworking is a valuable
resource.  In the last several years there have been a few threads on
people who have reconditioned lathes, milling machines, and the like. A
lot of subjects have been covered, eg: how to clean and (if you are
inclined) to strip and paint, how to check the condition of the machine
and make repairs, and so on.

Scott Logan @
              ssl@loganact.com (Scott S. Logan)
canb provide manuals and most parts for Logan lathes.

Also, a good place to start is the Metal Web News, @
http://www.mindspring.com/~wgray1/

Have fun.

-Roger