Re: New guy on the list... Update

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New guy on the list... Update
From: Fordman012@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:13:06 EST
<< Welcome to the list Dan,

 I also have a 60 gallon Campbell Hausfield compressor.  It is adequate for
 sandblasting if you are not doing production stuff.   >>

I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my earlier post about which air
compressor to buy.  There were many great recommendations made and I
appreciate each of them.  However, my frugal nature took over and I
disassembled my little Craftsman
oil-free compressor.  (I never really liked the thing because I figured
anything "oil free" can't be real big in the quality department.)  After
disassembly, I was surprised that the design of the unit allowed for a very
easy and inexpensive overhaul.  It needed a new piston/rod assembly, piston
seal and cylinder sleeve insert all of which cost about $35.00!!!  I did the
whole job in about an hour and a half (not counting part procurement) and the
thing acts like it's new again.  With a 25 gallon tank and less than 6 cfm @
40 psi. it runs a lot when I'm blasting but what the heck!  If it only lasts a
year then I guess I can peel out another $35.00.

Thanks Again,
Mister Cheap'O
Dan Corning
Nashville, TN.