heating the garage

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: heating the garage
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 14:09 -0400 (EDT)

     I completely agree on the insulation first...  last year (before
     insulation) my garage temp was the same as outside ambient temp..

     I've installed 3-1/2"insulation in walls 6" in ceiling and 1/4"
     plywood walls and ceiling.  Garage is still unheated (that's this
     years project).  This last week with temps down in the teens and
     twenties for a week...and the thermometer in the garage never got
     below 40.  My theory ???   The sun is doing that much heating and the
     insulation is holding it in..

     I think with a small 15,000 BTU wall mount gas heater..toasty will be
     no problem...might even leave in on low all winter.

     Insulation will never be wasted money !