Re: aluminum / steel parts

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: aluminum / steel parts
From: "Aaron Bergman" <orion15@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 19:22:08 -0600
hi Jack,
I was reading a book about old car restoration experiences one time, and a
man had the same problem as you are having.   If my memory serves me
correctly, he ended up removing two spark plugs and  welding rebar in the
shape of an upside-down L onto 2 old plugs.  He then screwed the rebar plugs
back into the head on opposite ends, set a jack ON TOP of the studs,
connected a length of chain to the rebar L's on each end, and then jacked up
the middle of the chain until the head broke loose.....make sense?  I think
it would work quite well.  It worked for him.
Aaron