Re: Workbench plans

To: "Ken Landaiche" <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Workbench plans
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:39:23 -0600
From: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>

>I have seen two different materials, probably the products of two
>different manufacturers. They have no structural strength and would sag
>unless closely braced. On the other hand, they don't splinter or absorb
>water. So while I wouldn't use them as the main bench top, they might
>have uses as specialized tops for particular applications.

Hold the phone.  On "This Old House" and/or "Hometime" they used boards made
from recycled pop bottles for DECKS.  This couldn't be done with a material
having "no structural strength".

I was thinking these could be neat for a privacy fence.  Would never need
painting.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/