Re: Garage Headroom for Lift

To: sjgn@li.net
Subject: Re: Garage Headroom for Lift
From: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:00:57 -0500
> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:34:45 -0500 (EST)
> From: John Napoli <jgn@li.net>
>
> So far, the consensus is that the 8' I have to work with is workable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

If you are planning to put another car underneath, I suspect that
8' my be a bit too short.  Figure the height of each car plus about
4-5" for the thickness of of the ramps.

Another consideration:  On my lift, you have to go about 2" beyond the
stops and then drop back down in order to engage the safety latches.
When lowering, you have to raise the lift the same amount in order to
release the latches.

Peter Schauss, Long Island, NY
ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net