Re: Air Supply System

To: nogera@juno.com
Subject: Re: Air Supply System
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 09:54:21 +0000
nogera@juno.com wrote:

> Reading the warnings on the new paints has me a bit worried. Can someone
> recommend a good inexpensive air  supply  system ( the kind that pumps
> air to a mask you wear)
> Since I only paint about once a year I'd like to try to keep the price
> low ,
> Thanks
> Bob Nogueira
 Bob,

There is a site which sells some autobody and painting supplies at:
http://www.autobodystore.com
 including at least two breathing systems.  One system hooks up to the
air compressor source, there is one hose coming from the air compressor
to a belt mounted fitting.  From there the air is routed to both the air
gun and to a filter/carbon monoxide sensor which feed a face mask.  The
reason for the CO detector is because it is possible for a very hot air
compressor to generate CO (I forget why).  The other system is called
the HobbyAir and appears to be a small turbine which flows air through a
separate hose to a face mask.  You place the pump in clean air. There is
a choice of hose lengths.  Eastwood also sells the HobbyAir.  The prices
are in the $400 vicinity.  I am facing the same situation so if you find
a more affordable approach let me know !

-Roger