Re: Bolting Compressor to the floor

To: nogera@juno.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bolting Compressor to the floor
From: Duncan120@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:59:16 EST
In a message dated 3/15/99 10:19:24 PM Central Standard Time, nogera@juno.com
writes:

<<  Anyone got some good ideas on bolting the  compressor to the floor? >>

Bob:

Go to your local hardware store and ask for Rawl Bolts.
You drill a hole on the concrete, insert the expandable anchor, place the
compressor over the hole and bolt it down. The bolts expand the anchor and
grips the concrete. I would paint the floor after the holes are drilled and
before the anchor is installed.
I would also use rubber mountings between the compressor and the floor to cut
down on noise from vibration. A quarter inch thick sheet should do it I think.

You could also make an X with welded on studs sticking out from the end and
embed the whole thing in the wet concrete (protect the threads at all
costs!!!). Easier to line up when it is all attached in one piece and
fabricated without having to worry about mistakes in concrete. You would still
have to lift the compressor over the studs but that shouldn't be too difficult
with a helper to steady the tank and a floor jack, with pad, to raise it a few
inches.

Ron
(in the process of designing the ultimate garage for himself-finally)