Creative tank draining (was RE: Bolting Compressor to the floor)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Creative tank draining (was RE: Bolting Compressor to the floor)
From: Keith Kaplan <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:41:45 -0800
A friend of mine (who finally got his 240z off my lift) hooked up a nifty
contraption for my compressor.  Since my compressor is only a few feet from
the door, he attached about 4' of clear high-pressure (is it cross-linked
polyethylene?) line to the drain fitting, then found a blow gun that could
handle the 150-175 psi tank pressure, and now when I see there's water in
the line, I just point the nozzle out the door and spray the moisture about
10' away from the shop.  Check the immediate area for children & pets before
doing this.  The other advantage is that now the first bit of water that
accumulates is sitting in nice, unrustable plastic line, rather than rusting
my steel tank.  Just a thought...

keithka
www.keithka.com
ps -- yes, a 150 psi squirt gun is as much fun as you've always imagined.