Barn full of cars...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Barn full of cars...
From: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:23:20 -0500

we've all heard the stories about little old ladies with a garage/barn with
something significant in it...

I've never believed 'em.

Until this weekend.

Went with some of the local SCCA guys to check out a garage owned by a nice
little old widowed lady that was reputedly full of race cars.

It was. Three Formula Fords. and some non-race cars. Two TVRs, the Jag XJS
pace car from Bridgehampton, etc.

Her sone showed up however. he thought the race cars were worth alot.

He was wrong.

He also thought the tools were not worth alot.

He was wrong.

I brought home a Rockwell 1.5Hp, 23" mill, complete with tooling, calipers,
mics, etc.

Works just fine...

Wish I'd had room for the 10" swing, 40" bed lathe.

iii