Re: Hazy floor

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hazy floor
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:24:51 -0500
I can't identify with "hazy" but I certainly did get the stripes and spots
on
my first application of muratic on clean concrete.  The problem seems to
have been my application: pouring on the acid and attempting to "broom" it
around.  The acid action action seems to be "spent" immediately on contact
with the concrete . . .brooming around the "spent" acid gave no etching
action.  Good results were achieved when I began applying the acid with a
humongous plastic sprinkler can from the garden . . .this allowed "fresh"
acid to hit every square inch evenly.   Your results may vary . . .

Tony