Alignment of old Atlas or Sears tablesaw....

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alignment of old Atlas or Sears tablesaw....
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:46:26 -0400
I am looking for somebody out there that is familiar with the way you "true"
the blade to the table. The saws (both were made by Atlas and are identical
except for name) in question are very heavy cast items made in the post WW
II era. The tables have four positioning pins in the base and thus, do not
adjust like most modern table saws. There must be some way the blade spindle
assemble can be shimmed, but I can't figure it out.

Does anybody know for sure....guesses won't help.