Re: briggs&stratton engine replacement

To: jniolon@uss.com
Subject: Re: briggs&stratton engine replacement
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 07:41:29 -0700
On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 07:15:18AM -0500, jniolon@uss.com wrote:

> Well the Yazoo mower finally gave it up....  slung a rod.....  any one have
> a source for  Briggs & Stratton Cast Iron engines
> (5hp horizontal shaft) at a very good price.

Northern Hydraulic has a bunch of engines.  I think that
they sell a Honda engine which is a direct bolt-in replacement
for the normal BS 5hp, for just a little bit more $$.
I've got Honda and BS utility engines around here and
the Honda is a much higher quality piece- easier to
start (even though it's the most HP of any of 'em)
and quieter.

--
Eric Murray          N*Able Technologies                    www.nabletech.com
(email:  ericm  at the sites lne.com or nabletech.com)     PGP keyid:E03F65E5