Re: engine leveler

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine leveler
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 09:32:31 -0400
At 06:38 AM 4/30/99 -0700, Peter Schauss wrote:

>While on the subject of hoists, I bought the load leveler from HF and
>found it very difficult to use with the weight I was lifting.  I would
>be interested to know what other people are using to tilt engines during
>removal and installation.

Peter, et al

   I bought my Eng. crain from Price club back in about 89-90.  It comes
completely apart for storage so it can, and is stored against the wall.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have the small square base that many of the newer
ones have.  So if you leave it errected, it takes a lot of floor space.
But I think I prefer mine, as I very seldom leave it up, and I don't have the
floor space required for the new ones I've seen.

I have also used the "load levelers", and haven't been impressed.  The
idea is great, but with the heavy engs. you can't really turn the handle.
Especially on the Big block V8s with the tranny still attachaed.  Using
it on the small 4 cyl. in my Morgan was nice.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: webus80.wang.com/BI (new adderss)