Engine Hoist Revisited....Again

To: "Shop Talk NG" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Hoist Revisited....Again
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 18:01:17 -0700
Hi
Just a quick update on my recent purchase.  I used my engine hoist
for the first time this weekend.  Everything worked fine, I really like the
ease of removing the pins and flopping down the front legs for
stabilization.

The reason for this posting is to make mention of the engine attachment
cable
I bought at the local Al's Auto Parts (I believe that they are a NW regional
chain).  I needed a cable with the flat steel end pieces in order to hook up
this engine; my normal piece of chain would not work.  After hearing of the
related problems with some of the crank (screw thread) tilt adjusters, I
was pleased to find the Oberg Tilt Lift.  It tilts 45 degrees in either
direction
and is very easy to use, you can adjust the tilt using a 3/4" ratchet.  It
is basically a
cable (with end pieces designed to go between the cylinder head and bolt
head), the 2,000 lb.. cable goes around a central drum which is caged in a
holder where the unit hooks to the hoist.  If you're familiar with those
round
wire tensioners used to pull electric fence wire tight, you'll have a pretty
good idea of what I'm talking about.  It worked great!

That's it for now!

Steve

Hey, I just found a site that has a picture<g>
http://www.mossint.co.uk/p626.htm