RE: E-Z Out

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: E-Z Out
From: "Bayrock, Michael" <Michael_Bayrock@translink.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:45:05 -0700
You asked for how to get one out ... I succeeded, but only once.

When I was young and foolish I tried to use an E-Z to remove a broken seat
belt mounting bolt.  I drilled through the centre of the bolt, plunged in
the E-Z, and upon application of some torque, snapped the E-Z flush with the
surface of the broken bolt.

I gave up on that bolt for a year and drove with only a lap belt.

A year later, when I was poking about the rear wheel well, I stabbed my hand
on something pointy.  Investigation showed that it was the remainder of the
E-Z Out in the bolt - I drilled through the whole bolt fragment, and the
pointy part stuck out the back end... One tap with the hammer, and it was
out.

Of course, YMMV... ;)

Michael