looking for left-hand threaded bolt and nut

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: looking for left-hand threaded bolt and nut
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 05:45:38 GMT
the right hand door check mechanism on my Austin Healey uses a 5/16"
coarse left hand threaded bolt and nut.

( Actually the original is a sort of welded in stud, but a bolt or
stud would weld in to replace it.  It has to be left hand threaded to
increase the friction  as the door opens more, thus holding the door
open wherever you want it to.  My bolt and nut are stripped beyond
repair.)

My local fastener supplier in San Diego doesn't stock left hand stuff.
Any suggestions of sources?  I only need one, but would buy a small
quantity of bolt and nut if that is what it takes.  The alternatives
are to forget about a door check or to pay $60 for a whole new
assembly.

-Roland