Re: Soldering guns

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soldering guns
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 22:43:08 -0500
 Shook wrote

>Now I know I am going to come out looking like some iconoclastic
>slack-jaw on this one, and I do have several Weller guns and irons
>(and they are stone reliable), but I actually prefer a Wen soldering
>gun over the Weller.

I like my little Wen 222 "hot rod" for electronics and small stuff tho' the
case is really fragile and won't withstand a drop to a concrete floor :-) .
. . I've kept using it all taped up for 10-12 years.   I've a mid-sized
Weller I like to use for automotive wiring and such . . . I like it MUCH
better now that I've learned to buy it a new tip now and them . . . the tip
corrodes or  erodes after a while and it fails to reach full heat . . . new
tip and it's "smoking" again.
Tony