Re: shop press

To: <cw26@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject: Re: shop press
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@inoli.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:19:53 -0500
Chas.
    I bought the Harbor Freight 20-tom H-press a couple months ago. It cost
$169.95 on sale. That's a bargain. I've only used it a couple times, but it
seems to be the equivalent of presses I've bought for many times that money.
    The difference in a cheap press is how well the pressure point stays
aligned as you contact then load up the work. On a good press, less care is
neccessary. Cheap presses like this one, you have to allow for alignment
changes as the work goes from unloaded to load. You do not want any
side-loading, obviously.
     My usage is very similar to yours, hobby race car work, occasional use
for bearings, and some bending. I recommend it.

Rex Burkheimer
 J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse      Fort Worth TX
Texas Region SCCA     FC #19  ITB #49
rex@inoli.com  rburkheimer@hotmail.com
There are only two real sports in the world: bullfighting and auto racing.
Everything else is just a game."  -Ernest Hemingway

DFW Internet Service $9.95 /month, 1st month free, no setup charge
All 56K digital, no busy signals  over 200 N Texas cities
www.inoli.com or toll free  1-877-308-4665