Re: shop press

To: "Matt Liggett" <mml@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: shop press
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@inoli.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:09:40 -0500
Matt
    You are correct that the 6-ton press is too light for anything
automotive.   I recently bought the 20-ton HF H-press for $169 on sale. It
will do everything I need to do.
     Sure, you can take your pieces to the local auto supply or machine
shop, and probably save money.  But having the press eliminates (1) waiting
until the next day when the busniess is open so (2) the 16-year-old delivery
driver can mutilate your (perhaps irreplaceable) parts in time for you to
(3) pick them up later that day or the next.    It's convenience and control
that you gain.
     I'll buy a tool if I can afford it.

Rex "The one who dies with the most toys wins" Burkheimer

Rex Burkheimer
 J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse      Fort Worth TX
Texas Region SCCA     FC #19  ITB #49
rex@inoli.com  rburkheimer@hotmail.com
There are only two real sports in the world: bullfighting and auto racing.
Everything else is just a game."  -Ernest Hemingway

DFW Internet Service $9.95 /month, 1st month free, no setup charge
All 56K digital, no busy signals  over 200 N Texas cities
www.inoli.com or toll free  1-877-308-4665