Re: Torque Wrench

To: "Aaron Bergman" <bergman@oldihc.org>,
Subject: Re: Torque Wrench
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:25:28 -0500
From: Aaron Bergman <bergman@oldihc.org>
To: shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, August 27, 1999 6:52 PM

>Why *did* Wards stop making tools?  I have bought a few old ones at flea
>markets and sales and they seem to be just as good as  Craftsman tools.
>What went wrong?

Dunno.  Marketing screwups, I guess.  These guys INVENTED the mail-order
business, and then let Sears beat them at it.  Don't get me started on the
magnificent reinforced-concrete building they destroyed here in Saint Paul
just to put up a cookie-cutter shopping mall.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/