Re: Gas line revisited

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas line revisited
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:56:57 -0500
I think I have it now.  I bought one of those cheap kits for converting a
freon bottle to a tire tank.  Put the air in the tire valve with a regular
tire chuck.  What I think is the final leak was in the fitting from the
gauge to the manifold.
I finally found it with kids' bubble-blowing stuff.  (Works better than the
stuff the sell for the purpose.)  Since neither part is permanent in the gas
line, I epoxied it together.

It held 80 psi for an hour.  I have backed it off to 40 now.

Tomorrow I call the city inspector for an appointment and hope for the best.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/