Re: shop heaters, more specific

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop heaters, more specific
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:30:56 -0500 (EST)
thanks for the replies y'all,

I'm looking at the harbor freight catalog, they advertise 'glo-warm'
heaters.  this is advertisd as a 'unvented heater'.  I assume that means
no vent to outside.  that's good, because even though I was thinking it
needed to be vented, the opinion seems to be it isn't necessary, and I'd
have to have through either a) a brick wall, or b) the roof.  I don't want
to do either if I can get away with it.

so, can anybody advise about these?  the h.f. drone knows nothing
(surprise) and before I call the gas company, I thought I'd consult you,
the experts.  the garage is ~26*26, no insulation in door or walls, but
drywalled/finished walls.  would anyone know if these can be mounted to a
wall, or do they get too hot?  any idea about b.t.u.s, or just get the big
one?  the combustion process produces CO, right?  any information about
how much on these and how long I can hang around before I need to worry
about turning any unborn children into mutants?

or, is there a One True Heating System I've missed so far, besides just
plumbing the central heat to the garage?

thanks

scott