Re: Another frozen fastner question

To: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Another frozen fastner question
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@inoli.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:55:52 -0600
I second the hand impact suggestion. But before that, if you have a way to
heat the screws - mini-torch perhaps - it will still be useful. The idea is
to break the chemical/mechanical bond.  Then use the hand-impact.
    You may want to practice with the hand impact before attacking the
wheels. There is a simple technique to it, but you could ruin a couple of
screws before you get the hang of it.  Everybody should have a hand impact
in his toolbox.

Rex Burkheimer
 J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse      Fort Worth TX
Texas Region SCCA     FC #19  Reynard
rex@txol.net  rburkheimer@hotmail.com

Gravity...It's Not Just a Good Idea.  It's the Law.