Re: Lights and ceilings

To: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>, "tllaz" <tllaz@cros.net>,
Subject: Re: Lights and ceilings
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:15:40 -0600
From: Rex Burkheimer <rex@txol.net>

>I'm also working on lighting for my 24x40 shop. My plan is to use 4 rows of
>8'ft - 2-bulb flourescents running lengthwise (cheap), plus a centrally
>located mercury vapor lamp (about $100),

Why do you need the mercury vapor lamp?  Softness is important in shop
lighting, so I would think you would be better served to put the $100 into
more SOURCES of light, say more fluorescents.

>I think this will result in
>plenty of lumens - at my age there's never too much-

You have that right.  Since the pryspiopia (sp?) kicked in, I crave
candlepower to keep my pupils small and help my depth-of-field.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (SOLD), Saturn SL2, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/