Recommendation for plasma cutter, and source for spot-weld cutters?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Recommendation for plasma cutter, and source for spot-weld cutters?
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:38:19 -0600

Mike,

I just this month picked up a used Linde plasmark 50 unit from a local fab
shop.  He does aluminum work and doesn't use it
It's good for 3/8 metal and slices thru 1/8" like butter.  220 volt 1 phase
and your compressor will handle it fine.  Drag type tip and easy to use.
Nice unit for a home shop kinda guy but probably not heavy enough for
continuous duty production work

You might try looking around some shops.  I also was fortunate enough to
get a reconditioned Hobart Handler welder.  it was a rental unit.  Got it
at my local Post Air Gas store...  try some of the welding supply houses
that rent/lease units and sell the old rental units.  I've got $ 250 in the
welder and $ 400 in the plasma cutter.   got more questions ???  drop me a
line

john