RE: 6 Vs 12 points

To: "MAKI, DON" <DMAKI@BPS.NWSC.K12.AR.US>
Subject: RE: 6 Vs 12 points
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:20:32 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, MAKI, DON wrote:

> Art Pfenninger wrote on 11/23/99:
>

> >Yes you have been lucky...and I wouldn't press my luck any further! Don't
> >ever use a 12 point on a part you can't easly remove with a saw. I learned
> >my lesson the hard way and would never use a 12 point again.
> >...Art
>

> The crux of the matter is that there is a purpose for
> the tool and a tool for the purpose. It's up to the
> user to use the tool judiciously.
>
> Don

yes but the purpose behind the 12 point is cost...it's cheaper to make
than the 6 point. A 6 point will break before it ruins the nut, a 12 point
will ruin the nut before it breaks. If 12 point were any good then they
would sell impact sockets in 12 point. They don't because they know they
won't work.
...Art