Re: commercial?

To: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: commercial?
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 23:02:52 -0600
They did have usable items on sale - 8-pc combo wrench sets,  $9.99 (1/2
price) plus some other things I wasn't interested in.  I got an SAE and a
metric set.  At about $1.25 each, theya re the least expensive lifetime
guearanteed wrenches on the market. The only thing better is a wrench that
is around 3 times the price, and there are lots of them - Proto, Bonney, SK,
not to mention the SnapOn and Macs.  Craftswman hand wrenches work fine for
me.
     I agree the socket sets are junk. I bought a $100 assortment last
spring, and it was inferior to the comparablle Blackhawk set I had bought
earlier.

Rex Burkheimer
J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse.
Fort Worth Texas       rex@inoli.com
Texas Region SCCA   FC Reynard #19  ITB Pinto #49