Re: Who makes what tools?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Who makes what tools?
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:29:50 -0500
FACOM has been around forever.  French company, says "American" in the name
though I forget the whole acronym.  It's now one of the largest tool
conglomerates in Europe.

SK, I think, is an American company that recently has had a large part of
its stock purchased by FACOM.  FACOM also owns (large parts of) USAG
(Italian?) and Beissbarth...

And yes, FACOM makes some nice tools.  They're the one's I grab first...

At 11:23 AM 11/30/99 ,  Chris Heerschap was inspired to say:

>Interesting... no mention of SK/Facom, my recent favorite.
>
>Anyone know the "deal" with them?

Cheers!