RE: Torque wrenches

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Torque wrenches
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:44:10 -0800
Jack :

A little web surfing turned up several places that will recalibrate your
click-type torque wrench.  One of them also had the tid-bit :
"The actual click from a torque wrench is considered a "cycle" of that
wrench.  Most manufacturers recommend basic calibration after 8000 to 12000
cycles.  For most customers, this means calibration every 8 to 12 months." -
Team Torque, Inc

Links :
http://www.torquerepair.com - Bismarck, North Dakota
http://www.nemetrology.com/ - Longfellow, Massachusetts
http://www.anglerepair.com      - Harper, West Virginia         $17.50
calibration
charge !
http://www.hatfieldaviationinc.com - Houston, Texas
http://www.sacskyranch.com      - Sacramento, California $24.95

There were lots more, including some all over the world, but I'm too lazy to
copy them all <g>

I've never played with them, but my 'no-name' click type torque wrench
appears to have two adjustments, one in the micrometer part, the other in
the beam.  I assume they are effectively 'zero' and 'scale' adjustments, but
I don't know.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO
Lakewood, CA, USA