Re: chicago electric?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: chicago electric?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 22:53:06 -0800

Scott Hall wrote:

> and I see some stuff that I'd be afraid to use, lest it maim me while
> opening the packaging it came in,

IMO Chicago Electric falls in this category.  It's cheap Chinese stuff,
no connection whatsoever to Chicago Pneumatic (and IMO borders on
trademark infringement, since many people assume there is a connection).

OTOH, I own one of the CE 4" right angle grinders that HF frequently has
on sale, and so far it's worked perfectly for my limited uses (probably
2 hours total operation).  Sounds horrible, tho.

Randall