Re: The Ideal, Heat and sunlight. Part Dos.

To: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Subject: Re: The Ideal, Heat and sunlight. Part Dos.
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 13:11:41 -0600
Ooops, I should have said light speed is 300,000 kilometers per second
or 186,000 miles per second. I stand corrected. :-<  .....Gary mentioned
 the speed of sound as 740 miles per hour, however sound unlike light
rays/photons, sound needs a medium to radiate through, such as in this
case , air. The speed of sound is dependent on the medium through which
it travels, which is why no one can hear you screem in space ! No
air....No noise...740 mph is only at sea level, and changes at altitude,
or through water.That's why the hammer blow you see at a distance is out
of phase with the noise you hear of the hammer blow.The noise travels
way slower than light.
Light/energy comes to us from radiating bodies out in the universe, and
so through a vacuum (How can you go
THROUGH a vacuum ? If you do not have anything, you do not have
anything....right, so can you say a vacuum exists? No, because NOTHING
by it's very description does not exist !mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, so when you
travel through space/vacuum are you really travelling? Interesting......
.) and does not change its speed by very much even when travelling
though stuff, like glass. Anyway I'm digressing,
        The phenomena of chrome interested me about it being very warm
as opposed to the white wall, mmmmm,it would appear at first that chrome
being refective would be cool,this I didn't test last summer but, this
also needs to be tested against a mirrors ("Looking glass?" said Alice)
performance in the same enviroment.
I shall endeavour to run tests on different colors next year, thing is,
does the thickness make a difference,
or whether it's a closed object or a flat single sheet etc, etc, etc,
Are you now confused like me !..............bye,   DK......