Re: IR air guns, was stuck bolt

To: BritBits@tiu.net
Subject: Re: IR air guns, was stuck bolt
From: Chris Heerschap <heerscha@eng.kns.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 8:24:46 EST
> My friend the Honda fanatic (just finished a complete rebuild on his
> one-owner '86 Civic Si) swears by the I-R 2131.  I bought mine in
> anticipation of doing the timing belt on my '90 Si back in '96... and had
> the car change my plans by snapping the belt at 112k.  I guess the pain of
> having to have the dealer do the belt was offset by the fact that I didn't
> kill any valves in the process.
>
> If you don't have the I-R 2131 see if you can find one.. they will budge
> just about anything with 100+ psi.

(Hope I haven't gone on this rant before)

Man, if you think the IR 2131 is the goods, then you want to go and
get yourself the IR 2112.  It's the baby brother to "Lord Vader" (as
we call my 2131) in 3/8" drive.  It's light as a feather and quite
small, and as powerful as most small 1/2" guns... rated 260ft-lbs!

It's strong enough to get wheel lugs off.  Its size and power make me
want to use it all the time... I mean, I am trying to figure out how
to make a bottle opener attachment for it. :)

Won't help on this crank bolt problem, but it is great for the rest of
the job!

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster