parts washer build or buy

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: parts washer build or buy
From: Chris Crisenbery <ffajackson@absolute-net.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:09:31 -0500
Time to buy a parts washer !

>From earlier threads I have latched onto the idea to plumb an oil filter
into my parts washer so that I get good filtration. The question is do I
buy a premade washer and figure out how to do this or build from
scratch.

>From scratch -- Im thinking of buying a utility sink from lowes which is
deep and sturdy, a pump from enco and a wash wand from enco. I have a
barrel (new) left over of cleaning solvent from safety kleen and figured
I would put the barrel next to the sink, put the pump in the barrel run
a line up to a morroso auxiliary mounted oil filter on the sink and then
to the wand. The drain from the sink could go back into the barrel.

What do you think, any improvements?

A commercial unit -- I would come off the pump to the filter then to the
wand. I'm a little concerned about the pump quality and ability to run
through a filter and being able to put large items into the washer in
terms of stability.

Look forward to everyone's reply and recommendations for either
home/shop or custom built

Chris