Re: shop lift recommendations?

To: "Terry O'Brien" <mgrepairs@yahoo.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop lift recommendations?
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:46:58 -0800
At 01:19 PM 1/27/00 -0800, you wrote:
>this thread has been interesting...anyone care to talk
>about expense?

   no not yet :)

The Garage Equipment supply lift is $2,350,  Free Shipping but if you are
in Ca. add Sales Tax
Lifts Unlimited is $2,795 Free shipping I don't know the state
Backyard Buddy is $2,875 + apprx. $300 shipping, state ???
Cytech, I still don't know
AutoLifters, $2,795, Free Shipping, Kansas.
Eagle, $2,695, + $250 shipping, state ???
SuperLifts, $3,095, Free shipping, Kansas.

  So as you can see, with the exception of the GESupply lift, which is a
BendPak its going to cost $3,000 for a 4 post lift.  Backyard Buddy is the
most expensive and has a great reputation, Cytech also has a good rep.  For
me since I live in Ca., sales tax will have to be added to the GESupply
lift which brings it awfully close to the others.  All of them are too wide
for my car and have to be modified, Backyard will modify for free but its a
permanent modification causing some full size cars and specifically my
truck to not fit anymore.  Others will modify in such a way that I can
change it back and forth for wider cars, but some will charge as much as
$300 for that.

   Awful lot of money for convenience of double parking and occasional
working under the car with the luxury of it being up instead of you down on
the concrete.   One more thing, ceiling height ! for most cars you will
have to have a very tall garage, I have only small Brit cars that I can
fold down the windshield on and they will fit in my garage.  LAST item, if
you want to put casters on it and move it out into the driveway to work on
full size cars and "park" cars in the garage, you need to check your garage
door header height or garage door whichever is lower.  In my case, I will
not be able to roll these things out with my current door.  Once I replace
it with a roll up door (I need to do that anyway) then I will be able to
fit most but not all of these out.

  Yes, I have been wanting/thinking about these for a long time...

         mike

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/