Re: Mower Problem

To: darmstrong@ptbo.igs.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mower Problem
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:11:53 -0800
Mike :

Think of it in terms of poor throttle response : As the engine slows a
little, the governor opens the throttle a little, but the engine doesn't
respond immediately, so the governor opens the throttle some more ...
until finally the engine responds, but now the throttle is open too far,
the engine overspeeds, the governor closes the throttle, ... and the
cycle repeats.

I'd start by looking for the fuel mixture to be slightly lean (is your
gas fresh ?  2-cycle mix seems to go stale much quicker than unmixed
gas.), then for ignition problems (try a new plug).

Randall