Re: Ceiling for a Garage

To: nogera@juno.com
Subject: Re: Ceiling for a Garage
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:07:59 -0400
nogera@juno.com wrote:

> Okay folks time for a Shop- talk follow up.
 I received a lot of great suggestions but settled on Bathboard. It's a
> white finished masonite which is designed for wet applications.
> I've got to say it has worked out really well . Cost was $10.00 for a 4X8
> sheet and 1.50 for the 'H' channel that joins two sheets.
> The smooth bright surface looks great, reflects light and cleans off with
> a air gun.

Just wondering, does this meet fire codes?   Seems like a good idea but
I tend to worry about burning down the house.  One of the reasons for
5/8" sheetrock is as a fire break.  Did you install sheet and then place
the Bathboard over the rock?

Bill Gilroy