Tile Shop Floors?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tile Shop Floors?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 16:59:05 -0400
Has anyone done this?

I have always disliked bare concrete, and even painted gray concrete floors.
They look bad, don't reflect enough light (personal opinion), and are still
a pain to clean up, and they stain, chip, peel, and need repainting...

Would an industrial tile be suitable or strong enough?  I'd probably go with
a glossy white finish, for maximum light reflection - and I think it will
look very nice.  With the baked finishes, they should be VERY difficult to
stain.  And depending on the quality and grade (and the price) I'd imagine
that you can some pretty tough tiles that will last a long time without
chipping or cracking.

As for grout (spelling?), I have seen installations that use a thin piece of
brushed aluminum to cover the joint lines... with no gap between tile and
the aluminum channel (which is flush with the tiles also).

Thanks!

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net
1966 MGB -- 1974 Triumph TR-6