lathe

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: lathe
From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@ll.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:01:12 -0400
Here are some site I have found in the last year or so.  Hope they help.

I purchased a couple of these videos. He includes plans for a boring bar
holder which he makes on the "Fundamentals of machine lathe operation"
video. They contain a lot of good info (especially for the beginner),
but they are dry and were filmed at home.

Instructional Videotapes For the Machinist , by Rudy Kouhoupt
http://www.bay-com.com/nlvp.htm

Other place to check out:

The Home Machinist's Handbook by Doug Briney. $20.00
(contains a lot of very good, practical information,for any lathe(They
use a Sherline)
(Well worth the $20, in my opinion)( include projects; center punch,
machinist jack, brass mallet,  ball peen hammer, setup tool, parallel
bars, machist clamp, angle plate, sine bar, and a Miniature cannon)
http://www.sherline.com/resource.htm

Sherline Precision Miniature Machine Tools & Accessories
http://www.sherline.com/

The Home Shop Machinist magazine
http://www.homeshopmachinist.net/

Starrett