More on Old Paint

To: autojumble@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: More on Old Paint
From: Frank Woodward <gracious1@mcmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:41:42 +0100
Burrowing a little deeper into the dark corners of my shed, beyond the
paint, I found the compressor
as well. Its a 49cc (yes forty-nine) Bridges Compressor and Paint
Sprayer. I have the instruction sheet too. Here are some of the
instructions,
3. Whilst running, the compressor will gradually attain a temperature of
approximately 100F which is quite normal.
4. The Bridges Compressor is capable of producing pressures in excess of
100 p.s.i. , therefore when used for pressurizing any form of air
receiver it must be first ascertained that the receiver will withstand
the pressure. The continuous rating of the compressor is 50 p.s.i. and
the theoretical displacement is 1cu. ft/min. when used with the Bridges
DR.2T drill..
A sales leaflet was also in the box listing a whole range of attachments
to fit the drill. the price of the compressor was with 10ft. of ¼" hose
£4.1.6. the Spray Gun £2.11.0..
Sadly there was no Bridges Neonic to be found, and to days drills are
far to big to fit the frame, and I can't get the chuck to line up with
the spindle that drives the compressor, I suppose I could try a flexible
drive connection!, the piston still spins freely, but looking at it
along side my 2HP compressor
I must have been bloody optimistic to think that I could respray an
Austin Atlantic.

Frank.

p.s. If anyone is curious as to what a 49cc compressor and spray gun
looks like, ask for a scan of the photo on the leaflet.