Re: Air compressor electric circuit

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Air compressor electric circuit
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:24:58 -0400
You are correct in that a regular 15 amp circuit should do the job. But
keep in mind that when the compressor starts up, it may draw something
close to the full 15 amps, so it would be a good idea to run 12/2 wiring
or stay very close to the breaker. I ran a similar compressor some
distance from the breaker and found that I was popping the breaker on very
cold days (unheated barn) when the compressor kicked in the first time. I
found that by moving it to an outlet closer to the panel I no longer had a
problem.

Mike

--

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
 without accepting it. -Aristotle