new hammer drill needed

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: new hammer drill needed
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:01:10 -0400 (EDT)
well, I've destroyed (finally) the old hammer drill I had.  no great loss,
it was a no-name jobby I picked up at the local flea market that looked
decrepit when I paid $35 for it a while back.

so, I need a new one soon (see later post), and this time I'd like a
cordless.  looking at harbor freight's site and the local home
mega-low-mart, I'm thinking I'd like a milwaukee, dewalt, or bosch.  I'm
gonna go with at least the 18v, but I might spend for 19.2v or 24v.

so I'd like the accumulated wisdom to descend on me.  I'd like to have
this one for a good long time, maybe even long enough to let my kid have
it later on.  I heard dewalt was just a glorified black & decker unit, and
I am partial to milwaukee.  bosch seems nice, but I dunno about parts if I
need them.

fill me in, y'all.

thanks

scott